Domestic security solutions installed Leeds and West Yorkshire by FirstEye
Whether you’re considering moving house, or are already busy viewing potential properties, it’s important to make sure security is at the top of your list. Moving house is a very busy time and it’s easy to get distracted. However, by taking security into consideration now, you could save yourself a great deal of heartache.
There are lots of simple things you can do to help you decide whether a potential property is safe and secure, including:
• Try asking people living nearby for their thoughts on what it’s like to live there – local knowledge can be incredibly useful!
• What’s the area like at night? Thinks can feel very different when it’s dark and if you feel uncomfortable, it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
• Ask around the neighbourhood and check local crime figures online
• Is the property fitted with a security system and if it is, how old/reliable is the system?
• Is there security lighting?
• If the property has a burglar alarm, make the sure you get the code and manual from the previous owners. Alarm maintenance is important and if the system hasn’t been serviced for a while, arrange for a service appointment as soon as possible.
• On moving day, it’s a good idea to change the locks and keys. It’s impossible to know who has keys and for peace of mind it’s well worth the expense.
• If there isn’t an alarm system, arrange to have one installed as soon possible. Unfortunately we meet lots of homeowners who want to have an alarm installed because they’ve just been burgled but prevention is much better than cure.
• Check garages, sheds and outbuildings – if you’re going to store valuables (bikes, sports equipment, power tools etc.), consider having an alarm installed.
• Security lighting is a cost-effective, quick-fix approach to home security. Consider installing outside lights if there aren’t any.
• Organise your home insurance as soon as possible and make sure you have the correct level of cover.
Contact FirstEye to arrange for your free security survey
At FirstEye we work with homeowners throughout Leeds and West Yorkshire, providing cost-effective and reliable security installation and maintenance services. To find out more about our services, or to arrange a free, no-obligation quote, please get in touch by calling 0113 228 8599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org