Home security advice from FirstEye – alarm installation specialists in Leeds
Following on from our last couple of posts on home security, this week we’re going to round-up by covering how thinking like a burglar could actually help you safeguard your home.
Here are a few simple ways to deter thieves and reduce the risk of your home being targeted:
- Install an alarm and make sure you have it serviced on a regular basis. Burglars can tell if an alarm hasn’t been serviced for a while or isn’t working.
- Install motion sensor lighting at the side and rear of your property – illuminating the exterior of your home helps to put off thieves.
- Make sure your calendar is out of sight of any windows or exterior doors: leaving it in view enables burglars to see when you’re going away on holiday.
- Fit a cage to the inside of your letter box to prevent thieves hooking items from inside your home, such as car keys.
- Install smart CCTV cameras: these provide a clear and visible deterrent; demonstrating to burglars that you take the security of your home seriously.
- Never leave ladders or tools lying around outside and make sure your garage, shed or any outbuildings are fitted with robust locks or an alarm.
- Always make sure front or side gates are kept closed: ideally a side gate should be fitted with a padlock and kept locked when not in use.
- Be conscious of what you put in your bins: don’t leave packaging for expensive items on view and make sure personal documents are shredded before you recycle them.
Security solutions to suit all budgets and requirements
It goes without saying that installing an alarm and/or CCTV offers a great way to protect your home whilst demonstrating that you take security seriously.
Here at FirstEye we install a range of domestic security systems; from burglar alarms and CCTV, through to security lighting and smart doorbells. To find out more or to arrange for your free, no-obligation security survey, get in touch by calling 0113 228 8599 or email email@example.com