The benefits of remote video doorbells
We know how important security is for our customers and with this in mind, remote video doorbells look set to become increasingly popular. The ideal way to monitor visitors or receive parcels without having to wait at home, remote video door bells are designed to be connected to a smartphone or tablet app.
The use of security systems linked to smartphone or tablet apps is on the rise and using a remote video doorbell can offer a number of benefits:
- Burglary prevention: a remote video doorbell can help deter potential intruders as unlike traditional doorbells, it’s possible to answer the door regardless of where you are. Not only does this offer the opportunity to vet callers but can also help to give the impression that your home is occupied.
- Doorstep deliveries: there’s nothing more frustrating than missing an important delivery but because a remote video doorbell enables communication with callers, it’s possible to direct deliveries to a safe place or your neighbour’s house, for example.
- Record visitors: some systems offer the capability to record and playback footage – this can prove particularly useful in the event of an attempted break in or in the case of nuisance callers.
- Connect to different entry points to your home: using a remote video doorbell also makes it possible to connect to different entry points to your home, such as the backdoor or garage; helping to further enhance security.
- Instant notification: remote doorbell systems are designed to be connected to several smartphones or tablets to allow multiple users to have access to the system. If someone rings the doorbell you’ll receive an instant notification, whether you ‘answer’ the doorbell or not.
Find out more about improving home security
Here at FirstEye we provide a range of effective home security solutions for customers throughout Leeds and West Yorkshire. From intruder alarms and CCTV systems, through to home automation and remote video doorbells, our services are designed to offer cost-effective security systems for residential and business customers. If you would like to find out more, or to arrange for a free, no-obligation quote, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.