Home security solutions installed by FirstEye
If you’re thinking about moving house and are busy looking around potential properties, it’s important to put security at the top of your list. It’s easy to get distracted and moving house is a very busy time, but by taking security into consideration now, you could save yourself a great deal of heartache.
There are plenty of simple things you can do to help you decide whether a potential property is safe and secure, including:
- Try asking people living nearby for their thoughts on what it’s like to live there – local knowledge can be incredibly useful!
- What’s the area like at night? An area can feel very different when it’s dark and if you feel uncomfortable, it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
- Is the property fitted with a security system and if it is, how old/reliable is the system?
- Is there security lighting?
- On moving day, it’s a good idea to change the locks and keys. It’s impossible to know who has keys and for peace of mind it’s well worth the expense.
- If the property has a burglar alarm, make the sure you get the code and manual from the previous owners. Alarm maintenance is important and if the system hasn’t been serviced for a while, arrange for a service appointment as soon as possible.
- If there isn’t an alarm system, arrange to have one installed as soon possible. Unfortunately we meet lots of homeowners who want to have an alarm installed because they’ve just been burgled but prevention is much better than cure.
- Organise your home insurance as soon as possible and make sure you have the correct level of cover.
- Check garages, sheds and outbuildings – if you’re going to store valuables (bikes, sports equipment, power tools etc.), consider having an alarm installed.
- Security lighting is a cost-effective, quick-fix approach to home security. Consider installing outside lights if there aren’t any.
Get in touch with FirstEye to arrange for your free security survey
Here at FirstEye we work with homeowners throughout Leeds and surrounding areas, providing reliable security installation and maintenance services. If you’ve just moved house, why not get in touch to arrange for a free, no-obligation security survey? One of our fully qualified engineers will carry out an assessment of your new home, providing you with a range of options to suit your budget and requirements.