Home security solutions installed in Leeds by FirstEye
As life seems to have been put on hold since the start of the pandemic, many people are now making plans to move house. If you’re thinking about moving and are busy looking around potential properties, don’t forget to put security at the top of your list. Moving house is a very busy time and it’s easy to get distracted, but by thinking about home security now, you could save yourself a great deal of stress and expense.
Here are a few things you to consider when deciding whether a potential property is safe and secure, including:
• Ask people living in the area what it’s like to live there – local knowledge is very useful!
• What’s the area like at night? Thinks can feel very different when it’s dark and if you feel uncomfortable, it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
• Does the property have a security system and how old/reliable is the system?
• Is there security lighting?
• If the property has a burglar alarm, make the sure you get the code and manual from the previous owners. Alarm maintenance is important and if the system hasn’t been serviced for a while, arrange for a service appointment as soon as possible.
• If there isn’t an alarm system, arrange to have one installed as soon possible. Unfortunately we meet lots of homeowners who want to have an alarm installed because they’ve just been burgled but prevention is much better than cure.
• Organise home insurance cover as soon as possible and make sure you have the correct level of cover.
• Check garages, sheds and outbuildings – if you’re going to store valuables (bikes, sports equipment, power tools etc.), consider having an alarm installed.
• Security lighting is a cost-effective, quick-fix approach to home security. Consider installing outside lights if there aren’t any.
Get in touch with FirstEye to arrange for your free security survey
At FirstEye we provide a wide range of cost-effective, reliable home security services for homeowners in Leeds. To find out more or to arrange of a free, no-obligation quote and security survey, get in touch with us by calling 0113 228 8599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org